Recognizing Your Intuition, I Can't vs. I Won't, and Do Your Dreams Have to Be Big?
This isn’t your typical podcast episode with Marie Forleo. Yes, she’s the expert on everything being figureoutable, but she’s also an expert on so much more! In this episode, we have a deep conversation on recognizing our intuition and knowing when to follow it, the difference between “I can’t” and “I won’t”, and why not having big goals isn’t something to feel bad about.
Marie is an entrepreneur, writer, philanthropist & unshakable optimist dedicated to helping people become the person they most want to be. She has built an award-winning show, MarieTV, as well as world-class online training programs, like B-School. Plus, she is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling book, Everything Is Figureoutable.
What we discuss:
What happens to your mind when you think “I know this already” or “this doesn’t apply to me” 4:30
The difference between fear and intuition: 7:00
How to differentiate between fear and intuition in work and in relationships: 8:30
The coffin exercise for dealing with relationship problems: 14:00
Why all dreams don’t need to be big and life-changing: 15:00
How to builder bigger dreams: 21:00
The difference between I can’t and I won’t, and eliminating excuses: 25:30
How to break from free wanting instant gratification and results: 29:30
Quotes I loved from this episode:
- There is a big difference between knowing something and applying something to your life.
- All dreams don’t need to be big. Sometimes a small dream is exactly what you need right now.
- Wouldn’t it be cool if…[insert the most exciting, outrageous, joyful thing that comes to mind here].
- 99% of the time when we say we can’t, we actually mean to say I won’t.
- If it’s important enough, you’ll make the time. If it’s not, you’ll make an excuse.
- It’s okay to change.